Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What have I been doing?

This is ever so slightly overdue, methinks.

The basic update is: I hate wax and I am sick of working in it and I just want to fabricate right now.

Of course that comes at a time when I'm trying to build up inventory. Of course that comes at a time when I have 2 commissions to make...out of wax.

I'm trying to push through and have them done (packaged and ready for the post office) by Sunday March 1st. It takes so long to finish pieces that I'll likely only get half or so done by the end of April. Such is the way of things, I guess. I am trying out a new casting place that doesn't require a minimum order which is so very nice! This means that if someone wants to order a cast ring in a different size I can potentially have it to them in a few weeks rather than have to wait for several waxes to be finished to send out.

I've now made two outside sales on etsy, both within a week! This time I sold a ring to England, which was just shipped off moments ago.
In between making making making I'm working on retaking all of my photographs. I'll be the first to admit that the first batch aren't all that great, the second batch is better but still not as good as they good be, and the 3rd are much closer to where I want them to be.
See?
This ring is NEWLY listed! I also have one in a larger size!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19359630


This is, of course, all in between trying to balance my "life." Full time job? Check. Part time job? Check. Horse that needs work 5 days a week? Check. Gym 5-6 days a week? Check. And THEN there's jewelry. Somewhere.
Needless to say I don't get a lot of cleaning done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? You're place looked spotless!

jessi sawyer said...

It's quite deceiving, isn't it?