Friday, January 7, 2011

hello, 2011.

I am back from a much needed internet break.

Reasons for internet break:
Twitter has fallen to the side, again (I really just can't seem to get on board with that).
I haven't had anything to say over here.
I was extra busy with the holidays and a visit from the boyfriend.
I didn't much feel like interneting.


I completed nearly all of my custom orders (though I have one I'm still trying to figure out) and opted to take a break from everything custom and made to order. Sitting down at my bench was becoming a chore: I would make what I needed to make, order-wise, and then I would go do something else.


Until everything that had to be done was done I didn't even want to think about just making things.

As you can guess, by the time I started making things just to make them, I was a little more than stir crazy. I sat down and in one evening began 7 projects.

For some reason, I finished the blues and greens first:


Prairie Bracelet

handmade chain. handmade everything, save for that wee little 3mm bezel cup holding the turquoise.

Salt Water Necklace cultured freshwater pearl (treated to inky black), blue peruvian opal drop
Simply turquoise ring
with rustic metalwork

Atlantis Ring
The first of my Umba sapphires. A watery blue-green oval. Have I mentioned I love these?


They will be in the shop in the next few days!

No comments: