Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Riding the Cholula mare

Rex was in town last week and agreed to come out to the barn and take photos of me! It's so rare that I get photos of myself riding, so this was a nice treat.

I have been planning my year of ponies:
1. Schooling shows in April & May
2. Recognized show in June
3. TRAIL RIDING TRAIL RIDING TRAIL RIDING

Anyway, here are some photos:

I have a terrible habit of bringing my leg up and back. Working on it.
Canter!
We also worked on conquering puddles. When I was leading her from the pasture to the barn, she actually climbed a freaking snow bank to avoid stepping in a puddle. SIGH.

This is what she looks like most of the time.
And this is perhaps the most unflattering photo of her ever taken. Yes, she does have a giant weird tooth in front.


The end!

3 comments:

Janice said...

SO much fun to see!! I wish I had photos of me with my horses - I miss them so much! My main mare used to be terrified of white rocks.....puddles no problem, but a big white rock - major shy away. lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie
I have missed your blog! Good to see you up on that beautiful horse. Good luck this season!
Aunti M

jessi sawyer said...

Janice - thanks! She is not so much scared of them, but more "I am a princess and I don't wanna" - mares!!

Martha- thank you :) I finally got back to my studio so there will be more posts to come!