Wednesday, February 23, 2011

one by one

Today was a good day. Not for any particular reason, mind you, it just was. I'm trying to make the most of things: be it the new job that has pushed me to this or just happening to be in a place where this is possible, I can't be sure.

But I really am trying.

I'm both sad and excited for winter to be over: coats and boots and hats and mittens and scarves are becoming a bit cumbersome, but the knowledge that I can always get warm is a comfort. I am loving snowshoeing and getting outside (last week we stomped around a small herd of buffalo and visited the owls and hawks, ahh!) as much as I can. Cholula seems to relish the colder temperatures and is always more up in the winter.

However, I cannot wait to go on our first trail ride of the season. And gallop around the hills. The confines of the arena are getting old and we are so much better than we were last fall...I can't wait for this year!

I'm trying very hard to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Some days I want nothing more to be a self-employed crazy artist. Other days I miss academia with every fiber of my being. I'm content in knowing that no decision is a bad decision. None of this is finite: if I don't like where I end up, I can change where I am.

I don't know what the future will bring but I know it will be
bright.

xx

5 comments:

Fashionably Adorned said...

Hi Jessi~
your describing how I'm feeling..... I have so many things I want to do/be there's just not enough time.... I would love to make jewelry all day but in my world that won't be enough. I want to be a nomad and travel everywhere with just a backpack, I wanna be a photographer and freeze moments in time.. but for now I'm back in college starting on my second career. My first didn't pan out (hairdresser)
so take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in your feelings of turmoil about what to be when you grow up....I'm in turmoil too :)

pencilfox said...

each season brings its own joys, eh?

from one who is envious that you get to be a silversmith and play with stones, keep it up! good job!!

xx

Anonymous said...

And I think you can add "writer" to the list of things you are exceptional at. I so enjoy reading your blog! You have a fresh and wonderful way of describing things and I never tire of your outlook on things/life. Life is constantly searching for the next thing. You are lucky to excell at so many things that you can't decide which direction to go in. :-) Joanie

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!

I have been focusing heavily on my riding and gearing up for show season...pony posts in the near future, at least until I get back on track with jewelry-ing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie, Looking forward to the ponny posts. Still love your work. That ring is amazing!
Martha