Monday, May 3, 2010

2 more things!

I have GOT to do a big shop update soon. Must.

But it's just so niiiice out and I can't pass up a trail ride on the big black mare. Or making little caramel apple tarts and eating them for dinner. Or just spending a little time unwinding after my big weekend show. !

Anyway. I am going to get back to etsy land this week with my new stuff. Promise.

Here are the last few pieces I made:

Ohhh how I am kicking myself for not buying more of these in Tucson. That is a wonderfully delicious pink peruvian opal. It's big and shiny and I love it. The necklace itself is a combination of my seedling design and the peacock ring curls. Onions. I don't know. I do know that they are a giant pain in the ass.

Moving on.


I just deleted my paragraph about these because you don't really need to know all of my jewelry making issues. But, again, some of my same design elements and some re-worked ear wires because I don't plan ahead very well. They are moooookaite! and I was a little nervous about making such ginormous earrings but mookaite AND dendrites AND a matched pair couldn't really be passed up.

Let me tell you, if you put these on in your sweat pants (or barn clothes) you instantly feel like 50 times more glamorous than you look. I know because I wore them home tonight and I was like "I could probably go out to a club tonight right now with these on."

I guess a lot of things probably do that to a girl, but humor me. I just started wearing earrings like a year ago.

3 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

Lovely new shiny things! The earrings look great :) Please feel free to send me some smithing mojo my way! :) desperately need some :)

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you!

I don't know if I have any to spare...I spent 4 days fighting with a BEZEL that is still not soldering properly. I think I need a bit of a break ;)

Fashionably Adorned said...

your funny!! The earrings are great statement earrings & I love the necklace so beautiful!