Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quickly, quickly.

My goal for tomorrow is to list all of the misfit pieces that haven't made it to the shop yet...mostly out of pure laziness.

Well, maybe not lazy. Working 3 jobs, the stress of impending unemployment (among other things), leave me struggling for words. Descriptions are really the hardest part of all of this for me. These pieces deserve more than just
"sterling, stone, 18" chain, handmade clasp."

You know?

But I get stuck, frequently. I want to do them justice, but I also want to stay true to myself. I don't want to sound contrived.

I'm heading over to the studio to run my fingers through my stones and figure out what's next. I've been in this rather odd spot where I don't really have a running list of things to make. I don't think I've ever come across this problem before. Last weekend I sat down, sketched a few things, and made them. Now I'm back to that point.

Here are the week's rings:

3 moons


Bohemian (I believe this one is spoken for):

These were made a little differently than usual, in that I took things that I sketch frequently, (and often absent-mindedly) and figured out how I would make those sketches into something tangible. I didn't sit down with a stone or with the idea in mind that what I was drawing would be a ring. I think it opened up more possibilities...there are more things I'd like to explore in this little paper to metal experiment.

I think the 3 moons ring kind of looks like a fat little bird.

Off I go!

No comments: