Tuesday, January 20, 2009

shiny things!

I had grand plans last night.

I was going to ride my mare for the first time in 2 weeks (put off due to have a tooth ripped out of my mouth). I was going to get on the treadmill for the first time in you don't even want to know how long to kick-start my new exercise routine.

Everything was carefully laid out. I would arrive home around 5:45 from work, have a bit of a snack, and be to the barn not long after 6. My ride wouldn't be too hard and I'd be on my way out of the barn by 7. 7:15-7:45 was reserved for my walk/jog/run/whatever me and my lungs can manage at this point. 8-10 was jewelry. See? I even schedule it like a job!

Unfortunately there's this saying about even the best laid plans...

I saw a box on the porch. And even though it was solid cardboard I knew that inside was full of shiny, lovely things. Pointy, heat resistant tools. Awful smelling yelllow stuff full of oxidizing goodness. And then even more shiny. In getting the box inside and opening it I couldn't even remember what a treadmill was.

And thus started 4 hours of jewelry instead of just 2. The results? Finishing a bunch of stuff, making a bunch of new stuff, playing with copper (which is just the most delicious color. Even though it turns your skin green and it's not as precious as silver I want to use it in everything), using my brand new solder pick and whispering sweet nothings to my drill bits that let me put holes in everything...it was wonderful.

All in all I now have 12 new pieces that are ready to go in the polisher and have stones set and pictures taken. The listing in etsy will begin over the weekend!

1 comment:

Jamwes said...

Sounds like you will be having a fun time.