Monday, August 3, 2009

For the sake of keeping this updated...

Maybe I can work faster than I thought.

Or maybe I just don't take any down time for myself.

I felt like I had some semblance of balance last week:

-I happily worked on my batch of pieces which were polished up last night.
-I rode Cholula 3 times...which is at least CLOSER to my goal of 4-5.
-I sat on the couch and watched some food network (I can't read and sand at the same time).
-I went to the county fair to eat lots of greasy fair food.

Despite feeling somewhat balanced (if the apartment would just be CLEAN I'd be complete), I managed to (almost) complete 6 new pieces of jewelry.

What's that?
I just updated my shop a week ago?
Huh.

Weird.

Pictures later, after I set more stones. The ring I was so excited about - a HUGE, unique chunk of mookaite, is rocking away in its setting. I'm not sure what happened, only that I need to pry it out (shudder) and take a closer look at it's silver home.

I might need to remake the ring in its entirety
and this makes me want to cry.

But with all mistakes I make, I learn something? I'm still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to learn from this ring, other than it's making me very unhappy.

I'm sure I'll have some surge of motivation to take it apart sooner or later.
(Sigh. Second ring in a month.)

Oh, I also crushed my first stone last night. Apparently sunstone is very fragile. Just so you know. Or maybe I hit it at just the right point. I'm not really sure, all I know is that it's pretty much powder right now.

At the rate I'm going [hyper focus!] I'll have another batch to polish before I leave on the 14th!

No comments: