Friday, August 14, 2009

Vacation...starts...NOW.



I have officially not turned on my torch this entire week. I am going through a little bit of withdrawal, but hopefully it will just make me all the more ready to take on the LIST when I get back.

In the meantime, I'm going to lay around a lot. I'm going to swim. I'm going to let myself melt into the ocean [which is where I belong]. I'm going to read a lot. I'm going to sketch and will probably be filled with sea-inspired jewelry ideas upon my return. I am going to let the sun warm my skin and everything else fade away.

My reading list:
Ishmael
Pillars of the Earth
A Wrinkle in Time (re-read, it was a favorite of mine when I was little)
Coraline (and I like books written for the 7-12 age group, ok
The Eyre Affair
How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist


Reminders!:
The shop is getting packed up and will be CLOSED on August 30th for a trunk show.
I really don't know how my work will be received. I don't know what will sell and what will not. Some things may return, some may not. Just a heads UP!

And look for at least 2 new pieces on the 24th. Potentially 3, but I'm getting rather attached to the 3rd.


See you when I return!

No comments: