Monday, February 15, 2010

Sisu installment #2

Let's start at the beginning.

Last year my art partner in crime/bfffff/gaugin to my van gogh/degas to my cassatt/boris to my natasha Joe asked me to make a ring for his mom. I pretty much had free reign on the project and had a lot of fun making it. This was the result:


His mom liked it so much that she contacted me a couple of months later about a commission of 3 wrist pieces stamped with the Finnish word "sisu." She is officially the most patient lady ever as this was in JULY and I didn't finish the first bracelet (for her niece) until right before Christmas:

The colors of the stones didn't come through, but the larger one is a garnet and the smaller one citrine.

Right before I left for AZ I finished up Joe's bracelet, the 2nd one in the series.
Here they are!


I am so proud of these pieces. They have been the most enjoyable commissions yet as she allowed me to do whatever I wanted (art kid moms are the BEST, yo). I LOVE bracelets. I love making them, I love wearing them. These both have turned out to be pieces that I really see myself in. This is what my work is about.

I'm currently working away on the 3rd and hope to have it to her by the end of the month!

(Joe and Jessi 2 winters ago)

3 comments:

Boris said...

PONY PONY PONY PONY PONY
PONY PONY PONY PONY PONY
PONY PONY PONY PONY PONY
PONY PONY PONY PONY PONY
PONY PONY PONY PONY PONY

littlecherryhill said...

Very nice work!

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you!