Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sonora Songs

I just sat down for the first time today and it immediately sunk in that I am exhausted. I suppose a 2 1/2 hour barn shift, riding 2 horses, cleaning, making lunch, and photographing stuff can do that to you.

So, let's just get right down to it. Here are my 3 finished pieces from the week - 2 items for the shop and a custom job. I have a handful of half-finished stuff that will hopefully debut soon!

Nevada Necklace:
(Nevada turquoise -- purchased on my trip to Tucson! + sterling silver. And a handmade toggle clasp.)

Ruffles.

Wildhorse (magnesite + hematite),/sterling ring, size 6.25:

WHY YES, THAT IS A STEER SKULL STAMPED ON THE BACK OF THE RING.
YEE.
HAW.

Those 2 pretties will make their way to the shop tomorrow at some point.

Custom job - She had this stone on another necklace but wanted it silver-fied and updated. Since it had a hole drilled into it, I wire wrapped the bail and did a prong setting for the stone for aesthetics. It's been aaaages since I've prong set something, so I'm glad it was successful!


This was last nights dinner:


Homemade hummus! Yes, that's about half of it missing. As you can see I've been eating it like it's going out of style.

2 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

All lovely pieces. Spesh love the first necklace!

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you! I'm rather smitten with that one, myself :)