I have some things to tell you:
1. Right now I am working on a slew of rustic goods with a slew of great little stones...including a super fabulous 12mm ruby that I'm kicking myself for. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of them in Tucson.
2. I'm not really sure why, but raw and rough stones are calling my name. I mean more than before. And pyrite. I really like Lady Gaga.
While it doesn't seem like those things are related, I think pyrite goes with Lady Gaga like peanut butter goes with jelly.
3. I think this little obsession was sparked slightly by the rough diamonds, but then bff Joe sent me a giant quartz crystal that I instantly decided MUST become a big stabby ring. I'm just in a really gaudy mood apparently. Maybe it's the weather.
4. Sisu #3 is done, photographed, and sent/received by sisu owner. I've been meaning to post the photos for a week. I will try. Tonight.
5. Rex and I have been attempting to cook more instead of going out to eat all of the time. We've not been terribly successful. BUT, yesterday I did make grilled tomato/basil/mozz sandwiches which were amazing. And tonight I'm going to marinate/sear a really nice tuna steak. Domestic.
6. I'm trying to convince myself I like green tea. I've attempted this in the past without much success.
7. My new jewelry plan of action is to breathe. I get so stressed when I don't have new work every week, or several pieces to introduce at once, or "not enough" work for the open houses. Balance in my life is important. I have a horse to ride, I have a full time job, I work at the barn part time, I have a life to organize and plan. I can't compare myself to those who do this as their job, or anyone really. Everyone has different priorities. I feel like I work incredibly slow - because I do.
But that's ok.
It's a struggle to truly convince myself of this and be ok with not being a metal machine. There's a little guilt that creeps in when I choose to spend a quiet night at home instead of at my bench. But I'm trying.
And maybe next week I'll have a shop update for you!