Thursday, March 25, 2010

solid.gold.

I'm doing a poor job of finding the time to blog. Today I was driving to my "studio" (I use the term loosely, here) and thinking about the trio of gold rings I made. And then I realized I never blogged about the last ring I finished.

I'm noticing now I did a fairly piss poor job of photographing it, but thankfully it resides in the same house as my "studio," as it belongs to my stepmom.

Here are the first two rings: GOLD.

And here is the final. It's one of my landscape rings, carved in wax and then cast in metal. It looks like it has 2 very dark stones but they are in fact a ruby and a sapphire. And they are in fact red and blue. I will try and get better photos of it sometime. It's 18k as are the other 2.



And for the record, if a torch is involved I really like working in 24k gold better. That'll be a "my first" post someday. And speaking of that series, the next "my first" post is written, I just need to take the photos!

2 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

Wow! Lovely work! Can't wait to give gold a try...hopefully soon :)

jessi sawyer said...

I've always been a sterling girl...but 22 and 24k gold have my number now. They are so pliable and easy to work with and the look has been growing on me. Gold prices are just too expensive!