Friday, March 19, 2010

Sisu - The final installment


I really enjoy working in series.

Multiples.

This project was so good for me in so many ways. I've always worked differently in metal...it never seems to be the same creative process as my other art forms. There's not the same getting it out. I had other outlets for that, and truthfully, I like the separation. I always liked that I could just make jewelry without worry. I didn't have to worry about exploring something deep enough or making a statement. I could just make things for the purpose of adornment and that was perfectly ok. It was a nice break for an art kid.


Now that it's the only form of art I've been consistently making, I feel like I can let a little of the other stuff in. And I have. But it still feels different.

Creating these bracelets has merged my processes a little. Exploring a series, each bracelet a little different but with the same feel overall. I'm getting there.



ps. I think I found some green teas I don't hate. One in particular doesn't even smell like wet, rotting grass!

No comments: