Monday, April 6, 2009

don't.look.back.

I bought more silver. That's what savings accounts are for, right?

It was pointed out to me that I began this endeavor in order to not be so stressed about money. To have money to save. To be able to pay my bills without having some horrible 3rd part time job that I loathe.

Instead I'm working in overdrive. I've been exhausted for the past week because I spend every waking moment I'm free on my jewelry. My hands can't work fast enough, I have designs spilling out all over the place. I keep wondering if it will slow down enough to ever be able to make it all.

All of my spending money is put into stones and silver. At least it still satisfies some of the urge to shop (though I still want new springy clothes and shoes!).

Some pictures of the recent loot:

Petite tadpole post earrings with jade (for sale on etsy):
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23317881



Carnelian Ring, spoken for -



This will be posted later today, I can't for the life of me remember what size it is. I THINK 6.5 but obviously want to be sure before listing. SS & Carnelian and so cute!

This is the biggest project I've taken on since the beginning of all of this. I love the feeling of finishing a piece like this! SS, turquoise, handmade chain. It still needs oxidizing, polishing, and stone setting, but all of the forging is done!

No comments: