(Ok, you can see the whole picture of this one)
I seem to have custom orders in a steady stream, one at a time. I like this.
I am mighty sad after last night's fiasco. It wasn't really a fiasco. I was setting a stone for a new pair of earrings that I ADORE, by the way, and one of the little silver pebbles informed me it was not actually soldered.
I suppose I need to give it a little credit, as it passed all of my solder tests. Pliers, pickle, and even the tumbler. It held out until the very end. Good thing I found out though...I would be horrified to know I sent something into another's hands like that. Oi oi. Also good because I wasn't DONE setting the stone so I think I was able to salvage the bezel. This is what happens, by the way, when you stubbornly use one kind of solder through all 4 or however many solder steps you have. Yes, I solder in stages, and yes, 95% of the time I always use hard solder. I don't know why...it's just what I've done since the beginning of time, pretty much. Apparently the little pebble came UN-soldered when I soldered on the ear wire. I'll fix it tonight and throw it in with the next batch.
And I will probably keep soldering the way I do because that is how I do it. I will just have to up the anty on the solder tests.
Feeling much renewed on the pony front after a solid ride last night. We're working it out. We're getting there.