Monday, July 6, 2009

New batch

After realizing I'd be completely useless unless I took a nap this afternoon, I passed out for 2 hours.

Which made me more or less useless the rest of the evening anyway, since the plan was to set stones and take pictures for listing. When you don't get started until 7pm on stone setting, the light isn't exactly ideal for picture-taking at 8.

Napping is dangerous business.

I do have these things to show you:
The earrings you see there will not be making their debut for awhile, as the stupid middle pebble on the right earring failed to solder again (I'd been having issues with it). Up at the top is a prehnite ring with a very very wide textured band, the bottom left is a pink opal pendant, and next to that is this copper leaf medallion that I haven't been able to get out of my head for a couple of months. The construction ended up being a bit experimental but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Not pictured are the other 2 pairs of earrings that involve my green cube beads (I think we've determined they are serpentine) and an unfinished custom order bracelet that has been one of the most time-consuming things I've ever made. It's going to be gorgeous when it's done, but oi.

Also not picture are the 2 nose rings that I made for myself since the one that resides in my nose always has somehow (???) disappeared. I've retrieved one of the nose rings but I didn't have the patience to dig through the rest of the shot for the other one.

Pink Pillow:

And these are my feet on the firework-burned driveway.

2 comments:

Fashionably Adorned said...

nice work jessi~ I like the pendant and your nail polish!! LOL

jessi sawyer said...

Ha! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the green but I love it! Before that it was orange...next I think will be yellow :P