Thursday, July 29, 2010

the last of the last

The final official count is 60. Last night I spent approximately 2 hours wire-wrapping boxes. I know it's probably complete overkill to have 60 boxes ready to go, but I figured I won't have to do that for awhile this way.

I have various ceramic bowls and glass vases (aka small glass yogurt containers I stole from France. Ok, I stole them from a hotel in said country, but doesn't that sound funnier? I stole yogurt containers from France.) that need to be gathered and flowers to be purchased.

My bags need to be stuffed with tissue paper. I should probably go buy some snacks and a lot of water.

I'm going to do a mock set up this evening, but really it will be an adventure to set up at the fair, as my booth partner is bringing all of the tables and I have no idea what the arrangement will be. Suspense!

Lastly, I keep half-forgetting about my signage. Thankfully the boyfriend has offered to put one together for me so I can get it printed tonight. Other than that, I need to print off things for monies, sales tax, and make a tiny sign for the pile of knotted stacking rings.

I think I may even have time to ride tonight!



Anyway, here are the last 4 to be completed. At least the jewelry part is finished!

OH DEERY ME

Aren't these little vintage glass cabs the best? Bright red deer yes please?

Concord Necklace

I almost nearly stamped "stick tight" on the back of this, because it is a stichtite cabochon. And I can't stop typing out STICK.TIGHT.

This cabochon is not quite so dark but I didn't have much light to work with. It reminds me of concord grapes and sticky grape jelly. It's really something you have to put on. It's like a million times better when it's on. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I keep looking at it sideways and imagining it on my finger. Maybe next time.
Chichen Itza earrings
These earrings turned out so perfectly I don't really know what to say, other than they reminded me of driving through rural Mexico after seeing the pyramid and ruins at Chichen Itza.

2 comments:

Deb said...

HI Jessi, Love these earrings. They are my kind of Bling. Good luck with your comming fair.Hope you sell out. Deb

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you thank you! Me too!