Monday, July 26, 2010

refresh.

I have a lot to finish for this art fair.

Over the weekend, I stopped caring after leaving everything in LOS too long (flaky patina is gross) and wire-wrapping mishaps. Burned out. Instead of working on my displays or finishing up my other work or any of the million things on my art fair to-do list, I just did nothing. It seemed the most logical at the time.

I slept it off, brushed myself off, and got back to work. I babied my patina. I took a deep breath before embarking on wire wrapping extravaganza part seventy-two (I didn't actually keep track of how many attempts, but that sounds about right). I set stones and glass and buffed away for satin finishes and highlighted details.

I have 2 evenings to finish the rest of it: more earring cards, more stamps, more labels, stuffing bags with tissue paper, staining displays.

Making sure I have everything a couple or a dozen times.

I am ridiculously excited for this fair. I don't know if 61 pieces is really enough for something like this, but it's what I have.

Here are some of the little things:
aventurine & sterling earrings


pyrite & sterling earrings (not enough beads to make anymore of these, sadly!)


3 tiny necklaces:



(Really tiny.)

Almost done.

No comments: