Friday, July 23, 2010

minty and blue

It is often a wonder I get anything done at all.

It took me most of the evening last night to do a few simple jewelry tasks: finish a handful of earrings, a couple of rings, saw out some bezel backs.

I made dinner in there, too, but really? 3-ish hours to finish up a few pieces?

Sometimes I can blame something or another (usually television) for distracting me and sucking me in, but I didn't watch anything last night. It was just a night of jewelry that dragged...I think I'm finally getting worn out preparing for the art fair.

But anyway. Here is some stuff.

These make me swoon kind of a lot:

Suzy Blue. My mother is fully to blame for instilling an infatuation for turquoise in me.


Mint Julep

luminous & minty chyrsoprase of the cushion cut variety.

goes excellent with burbon and ice.

Dinner has no pictures, but it was delicious and I recommend it.
Sandwich:
2 pieces of bread your choice, I used the only bread in the house which was brownberry (the really dense whole grain/wheat bread)
Peppers of choice
goat cheese
whole grain mustard
cucumbers
zucchini, cut into long, flat strips


Or really, any vegetables of choice. That just happens to be what we had (garden fresh!) so I went with it. I had fresh banana peppers and wanted to know if they were spicy and that's pretty much the entire reason I ate this.


*Marinate the zucchini in a mix of balsamic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh chopped garlic. Sautee or grill til done.
*spread one slice of bread GENEROUSLY with goat cheese (I really like goat cheese.), the other slice with mustard
*pile on veggies
*drizzle on a little left over balsamic marinade
*fin!


This has about a million variations and truthfully this was the simple version - there's a really good kalamata olive/balsamic tapenade that is awesome when paired with the grilled zucchini. The only thing that would have made this a thousand times better would have been a package of arugula piled on as well.


Also, I'm not a vegetarian, I just often cook that way because I'm lazy.

2 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

I think the 3 hours of finishing was worth it! Lovely work! Now to go and buy some goat cheese, you made me hungry! :-)

jessi sawyer said...

Thank you!

(and I could probably find a use for goat cheese in anything! yum.)