Friday, October 1, 2010

new. announcements. WEG!!!

This week I have been cheering on the grand prix riders doing their thing down in Kentucky at the World Equestrian Games. I so badly wish I could be there to watch - it's so close! - but I have faith that at some other point in my life it will be in the US and I can attend then.

Dressage is truly the closest I get to understanding those who care about sports at all. I think American football is boring, the most unathletic sport ever, and did I mention boring? I don't understand when people are personally invested in *THEIR* team winning and how it can make or break their day.

I care about dressage because it is my sport. And really, it is so much more than that. It is about harmony, athleticism, and partnership between horse and rider. Sure - I want the US to bring home medals. I am thrilled for Steffen Peters getting his bronze. But, I'm just as excited to see a great US ride as I am to see a great ride from any other country. This ride, for example, still gives me goosebumps everytime I watch:



I love how expressive she was - you can tell she loves her job.

Anyway, onto some jewelry things!

This weekend I have 5 new earrings, 2 new finished rings, and 2 new *you pick the size* rings to show you/list! Exciting! I will be finishing up photographing them this afternoon, and some will be listed tonight with the rest tomorrow. I'm prepared this time: all descriptions are written!

Shop closure announcements:
October 8th-17th I will be in Texas.
October 22nd-24th I will be participating in the fall open house I do every year. Everything not sold will be listed on etsy when I recover from the weekend!

I haven't actually decided if I will completely close up shop when I'm in Texas or not. I want to give these you pick the size rings a chance, but I also want to bring them to the open house, finished, if they don't sell.

No comments: