Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oi.

I've yet to decide which stones to buy, and I added a new option into the mix...various square cushion cut cabs of carnelian, labradorite, and prehnite. Oooo I just don't know.

As much as I would love to buy the big slice of tourmaline, I think that at this point in time my focus should be more on bulking up my inventory. I want to do 2 (or 3...) market days downtown this summer as well as 1 day at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market. On the other hand, I think it would be good for me to have some big ticket items in my shop, ones that are on the higher end of pricing and really pop. Decisions! My biggest problem!

Depending on how well everything sells at the open house, well, I need to get moving. I'm also going to have a little "jewelry party" of sorts for a group of women my dad works with because they really like jewelry and want to see what I'm making.

ALSO, it's that time again...CLEANING CASTINGS! If you've never done this just be happy. Your fingers, files, dremels, flex shafts, and whatever else you have are silently thanking you right this very moment.

I have roughly 26? 29? I lost track? pieces to finish. Lilies, poppies, coral. Pause rings, Caviar rings, Landscape rings. Pendants, castings made from molds, etc. So.much.stuff. And they all have giant gouging sprues sticking every which way. It's going to be a long month.


Hmm.

I can't get that bracelet made out of the 10 pieces of tourmaline out of my head. I think I will end up buying them. Maybe I will just suck it up, spend the money, and buy both.

...

Yup. I think I will.

No comments: